Cooking Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 pounds of chicken (any part – drumsticks, thighs, wings, or even
½ cup + 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pound of chopped red chilies
4 chopped garlic cloves
½ cup of chopped cilantro
¼ cup of chopped basil
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
Pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Add chopped red chilies, garlic cloves, paprika, cilantro, basil, lemon juice, salt, and ½ cup of olive oil in a
blender. Blend it well until smooth consistency.
2. Put chicken pieces in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Pour ½ cup of prepared sauce over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap, marinate for 4 hours. Keep it in the
4. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF. Put the marinated chicken in the air fryer basket and cook at 400ºF for 10
minutes. Throw out the sauce the chicken was marinating in.
5. Take the basket out, flip chicken pieces, and baste with another part of the sauce. Cook at 400ºF for another 10 minutes. If chicken is not 165ºF internally, cook for 3–5 minutes more.
6. Serve warm and enjoy your Tangy Spicy Chicken!
Nutrition Facts for 1 Serving
Calories: 593, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Fat: 37 g, Protein: 55 g, Sugar: 3 g, Sodium: 1,031 mg, Cholesterol: 215 mg